City Business License

Every business doing business in Springdale must have a Business License. This license will insure your business is in compliance with building codes and city zoning requirements. Commercial and Home Office licenses are issued by the City Clerk. These licenses terminate on March 31 of each year.

The City of Springdale offers online application and payment for City Business Licenses to make doing business in our city as easy as possible.

Cost for a Business License is $40 per year plus $2.50 for each of the first 25 employees, excluding the owner of a sole proprietorship employed by such business, and an additional $1.00 per year for each employee over 25. Maximum fee is $300 per year. A copy of the Arkansas Sales & Use Tax Permit number must be submitted with a Commercial Business License application.

The Springdale Chamber of Commerce is always available to assist business owners obtain their business license or in their effort to find a location for their business or in developing a business plan. Contact the Chamber's Economic Development Department weekdays during regular business hours to learn how the Chamber can be of assistance.

Online City Business License Application

Springdale Chamber of Commerce
202 W. Emma Avenue
Springdale, AR 72764

Springdale City Clerk's Office
201 Spring Street, Second Floor
Springdale, AR 72764

Other Permits

The Springdale City Clerk’s office (4797-750-8119) issues other specific business-related permits that may or may not pertain to your business. Included in the list are: Taxi Driver’s Permit ($5/annually), Taxicab Company Permit ($100/annually), Retail Beer Permit ($15/annually), Liquor Permit ($250/annually), Fireworks Sales Permit ($500/annually), Private Trash Collector contract ($150), and Itinerant Street Vendor Permit ($10/vehicle).

Restaurants, food services or food manufacturing, and other types of personal consumption businesses are required to have permits by the Arkansas Department of Health (501-661-2000).

Business owners wishing to sell alcoholic beverages need to obtain a permit from the Alcoholic Beverage Control (501-682-1105).

Air pollution, solid waste, stream pollution and water quality permits can be obtained from the Arkansas  Department of Environmental Quality (501-682-0744).

Registering Your Business Name

The Washington County Clerk (479-444-1711) requires sole proprietorships to obtain a “Doing Business As” (DBA) certificate. The application form is available online and there is a $25 filing fee. Application can be made at the Washington County Clerk’s Office, 2 North College  Avenue, Fayetteville, AR 72701.

To reserve a corporate name in the state of Arkansas, application must be made with the Arkansas Secretary of State’s Business and Commercial Services Division (501-682-3409).

Tax Identification Number & the IRS

Each employer must obtain an “Employer Identification Number” from the Internal Revenue Service to comply with Federal Income Tax, Social Security and Unemployment Insurance regulations. The IRS allows you to apply online for your EIN number. For Federal Business Tax Information, contact the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) at 800-829-3676 or 800-829-1040.